Ed Sirett

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:03:58 +0100, Pete C wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:16:01 +0100, "David Williams"
wrote:

Just installed a new Triton T300si (one of those with a remote heating
pack).

Its delivering barely over 2.5l/min on half heat setting = just about warm
enough for a shower. Pathetic by any measure.

Hi,

What can it do on full heat setting?

I'm amazed that with the huge amount of collective wisdom in this group it
took a dozen posts to get around to this point.

If you open up almost any electric shower you will find that it has two
elements! The half heat settting simply uses one out of the two.
Temperature control is done by tweaking flow rate.

About the only uses I can think of for 1/2 heat a
a) very mean users - but they don't take into account that there will be
less water and they'll have to spend a longer time.
b) preventing excessive water temperature when there is very very poor
running pressure (not all model have a low water pressure cut off).
c) A temporary work around when people have fitted a 9.5kW (or more)
onto a 32A supply and find the breaker trips 2 minutes after they have
got started.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk