Stuart

Default BC to ES Lamp Adaptors .

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:10:04 -0000, "nightjar"
wrote:

"Stuart" wrote in message
.. .
I have two studio flash units that are fitted with BC lamp fittings .
These use 150W lamps as modelling lights and it seems that I am unlikely
to get 150W lamps that are thin enough in the neck to fit in the light
fitting . I have got a BC to ES adaptor which allows me to use an ES lamp
but the adaptor is marked Max 60w ,presumably because part of it is
bakelite .

If it bakelite, it is very old. Caesin based plastics started to replace
bakelite in the 1950s. However, what you want is a ceramic adaptor. I've
seen them on sale in France, but not in the UK. I suspect a web search would
be in order. Alternatively, get flash units with built-in modelling lights.

Colin Bignell

You are correct ,I used the name Bakelite but it will be a modern
equvalent as I only bought the BC?ES adaptor new yesterday .

I will doa search for a ceramic adaptor ,maybe maplins or Rs will have
what I want .

Ive only just bought these units so I'm not intending to change them at
this stage -new units are horrendously expensive.

Stuart

--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "