Andy Hall

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:39:39 GMT, (Anna Kettle)
wrote:

mostly it's arrive at
airport, go to meetings, go to eat, go to hotel, do emails, go to bed
and repeat the next day with different people.

And not a multimeter in sight. Sigh. Another good pigeonhole bites the
dust

Well it's not an entirely unjustified pigeonhole. In my early career
I did electronics hardware, firmware and software design and
development, followed by application work with customers for a
microprocessor company. From that I moved into Unix systems and
ultimately networking, which is really what I've done in different
forms for the last 20 years.

Actually I'm not as cynical about it as the earlier comments imply.
Each organisation that I work with has different requirements and
aspirations, and the people are always different of course.
Increasingly, hotels have high speed internet connections which means
that in effect I can do pretty much exactly the same work and have the
same business facilities regardless of where I am. That is a huge
change over the last few years. Unfortunately in Europe these kind of
facilities can be very expensive in comparison to the U.S. where
internet access is included in the room rate. In Europe, 15-20 euros
per day is typical and it can be as high as 10 euros for two hours in
some places.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl