Andy Hall

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:27:27 +0100, "David Williams"
wrote:

Could be- there is a 'stabaliser valve' in the unit. When it was first
installed a relay jammed on the main board and blew almost everything that
could blow. The Triton engineer replaced the circuit board, the heater can
and the thermal cut-out... it all worked and I immediatley noticed the low
flow but he made nothing of it and I was so pleased to have it working that
I didnt push it further. It was only when I used it the first time I
realised just how low the flow was...

I will call them again but I hoped to do some diagnosis myself as I can see
it will be a huge uphill struggle to get them to fix/replace it when it is
apparently 'working'

Did you buy it as a consumer with a credit card?

If so, really the supplier owns the problem, not the manufacturer.

Could you not just uninstall it and return it for a replacement?
On a new product, you shouldn't have to have all this nonsense,
although it does make sense to measure the flow rate and measure the
electricity consumption and write to them on it. Clearly it doesn't
meet spec. and you've demonstrated that the water supply is OK.

Perhaps the water valve is faulty or something?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl