Clive Summerfield

Default IMM fodder

Clive Summerfield wrote:

"IMM" wrote in message

"Clive Summerfield" wrote in message

"PoP" wrote in message

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:46:53 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

Everyone seems to miss the point - that she lied.

I'm missing the point here. What's the distinguishing feature you are
referring to? All Prime Ministers lie, and Bliar has turned it into a
fine art.

The only distinguishing feature that I can see is that Thatcher lied

during

a campaign to liberate sovereign territory from an invading hostile

country.

On the other hand, Blair lied as part of justification to conduct an
invasion of sovereign territory.

NO. 1 HE DIDN'T LIE!!! He went into Iraq to make the world a safer

place.
If the other lot were in power they would have done just the same. They
were all for it before the conflict.

You poor delusional soul. He went in to Iraq because he believed it was

his
moral duty to free the Iraqis from their oppressive leadership.

********.

I think you missed the irony implicit in "...he believed it was his...".
Remember we're talking about a man who I suspect lies even to himself.

He went to war because it suited his enormous vanity - to be a World
Staresman not a slick marketing type in charge of a bunch of
incompetents who only got to power because the Tores were so busy
fohting amongst themselves and riding teh gravy train that the countr
was sick of em. AND because he hadn't the courage to admit to anoher
weak vain stupid deluded man - GWB - that he had not got ultimate
authority in the UK.

The real reason, but one I doubt he'd even admit to himself.

If he was so keen on democracy and freedom, he would have done more to
introduce it in the UK.

Storming
into an unstable region all guns blazing is not a coherent policy

towards
peace. You are aware of the origins of Al Qaeda aren't you? Quite

possibly
Blair also joined with the US in a gesture of solidarity, attempting to

gain
favour with George W. Bush's administration. However, if that was a
motivating factor, then I'm quite sure that TB managed to convince

himself
that it wasn't. The lie was to place undue emphasis on Saddam's WMD in

an
effort to swing the Labour Party behind him.

And as for IDS, well I wouldn't trust him to sit the right way on a

lavatory
seat.

IDS is actally IMHO a better man. Just not smart enoh to win elections
and control his party.

Aye well, I wouldn't trust TB to be able to find his own arsehole with a
compass map and torch, let alone understand how to crap on a toilet.

Cheers
Clive