mike. buckley

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:28:19 +0100, mike. buckley wrote:

First off - what temps is the PC running now? You're probably pretty
safe with a CPU temp up to 50 degrees c,

This 1GHz Athlon is normally at just below 60C. Wanders of to check,
hum, must need a good dusting again it's up at 70C... This machine
runs 24/7 with no trouble.

Blimey, that's running hot. I've also got an Athlon (2800, actually
2ghz) and it's below 50C, this is without any extra cooling apart from a
more expensive (thus quieter and cooler) PSU. If memory serves my mates
CPU cooler died (also a 2800) and the PC was ok til about 85C then it
hung.

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2