I want to apologize, my post sounded like a chastisement and a plea. It was
not meant to be either. You gave your professional opinion and I appreciate
it. I think I was actually expecting something more neighborly is all...I'm
from the country. ;-)

Have a good day all! :-)

"Art" wrote in message
Well Said Chris!! Too bad many consumers realize these facts only after
the scenario explained in this particular post and it's threads.
"Chris" wrote in message
. 97.133...
"x" wrote in
:

I will get the other fixed...but the problem is...I've already been
into the service mode and need to undo what I've already done so at
least I can watch a normal colored television until I can get the tv
in for repair. The off and on situation only happened one day. Since
then, the television has worked fine. Problem is...the tinting and
coloring was all off and I tried to do it through the main setup but
it wouldn't work...so I entered the service mode and tried to match it
to what I THOUGHT was my identical set downstairs. Turns out..they
aren't the same model and I messed up the codes. Need to reset them.
I tried to get the codes through Panasonic but wasn't able to get
through. And all the repair shops keep it hush hush...they act as if
they never even HEARD of service codes. This is one area...I know I
can fix myself if I just had the codes. The other...yes, most
definitely I will have to take to a shop for repair but I have to wait
until I can find a STRONG person to put it in my car first. And there
runs into 2 problems...1, my car is in the shop, 2, I don't know any
strong person in the area. The person who carried the tv into the apt
nearly dropped it..it was too much for him. So, I just have to wait.
But, a nice picture would be very nice.
"Art" wrote in message
news Maybe you should repair the actual problems you are experiencing
rather than trying to fubar the set with the service only menu?? BTW:
The information is available via the Panasonic Service Manuals
available from Panasonic Corporation at nominal cost.
"x" wrote in message

Rebalancing the color isn't as easy as you make it sound. Copying the
settings from another unit won't help either. This is why service codes
are kept from end users or inexperienced techs. You're a perfect example
of the damage that can be done. A service code in your possesion will
probably cause more damage than good. What other settings will you
tamper with or corrupt? You've taken a probable simple repair and
seriously complicated it. You're next step may render the unit
unrepairable. The service manual will give you the code which I strongly
recommend you buy. The price is considerably cheaper than the damage
you'll do. It'll also educate you on what NOT to do......again.
Good luck,
Chris

--
Remove "NS" from the e-mail address to respond.