Norm Dresner

"JURB6006" wrote in message
I dunno if you're still watching this thread, but it reminded me of

something.

I recall repairing an ultrasonic cleaner. It was old, had tubes, but had
selenium rects in a voltage tripler. Something else.

Well one of the rects had fried and I had to use modern replacements. Two
diodes in series with two resistors (I don't remember the value right now)

in
parallel in the position of each diode. If one section of a "stack" like

that
is way more effecient, it'll stress the other components more. I tried to
minimize that.

Interesting -- but unfortunately not applicable in this case: the rectifier
is a pure diode tube.

Thanks for the suggestion

Norm