Martin White

Fair enough!

I did actually think, "ouch, i shouldn't have sent that" after i clicked
send, but obviously, it's too late by then :O)

Just been lurking here for a while and i see it quite a lot that's all. I
guess it's just something that bugs me.

I do this for a hobby, being into old arcade machines i fix monitors that
are 20+ years old all the time and have a few of the relevent tools (high
voltage probe, scope and even a rejeuvenator - amazing how often these
things need that!). Don't understand the theory in the slightest really, but
i certainly do know what to touch and what not to, how to read schematics
and for the stuff that i work on a reasonable amount of "this symptom = this
fix". So for me "get it serviced" is a pointless reply that's really
annoying, especially as no TV repair shops around me are going to tell me to
do anything other than trash the monitors i work on and buy new (not
possible with colour vectors that haven't been made since 1983 or so).

Anyway, enough. I was expecting more of a grilling over that comment and
figured i should explain myself a little :O)

I'll go back to lurk mode again now!

Martin.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
"Martin White" wrote in message
If you want to be told to take it to a proper service engineer, then yep,
this is it!

Knowledgeable shade tree types are welcome, but the inside of a tv is no
place for the clueless. We do try to protect from themselves those who
don't seem to have the skills necessary.

Mark Z.

snip