James Sweet

"Aslaner" wrote in message
.. .
Problem #1
Bying off Ebay. 90% of stuff on Ebay is pure scam, from scam artist
Problem #2
Who wins with Ebay sales?
UPS/Fedex and all those shipping companies
and obviously Ebay take their money, "thank you very much"

The only way a buyer wins with Ebay is if the price of the item is

extremely
low, there ia absolutely no sense bidding on an item more than 3 years old
at prices above 10 to 20% of original value.

Over the years I've bought several thousand $ worth of stuff on ebay, had a
few duds here and there but overall I've saved a tremendous amount, many
items have cost me pennies on the dollar compared to what it would cost to
buy them retail. Of course it depends what you're buying, but where else
could you get a batch of 4 brand new electronic dimming fluorescent ballasts
for $14? Or a tube of 100 NOS power MOSFET's for $5.95, not to mention all
the stuff I've gotten that simply isn't available new anymore, Nixie tubes,
parts for old equipment, etc. For my hobbies Ebay has been the greatest
thing since sliced bread.

Problem #3
Buying large items like Projection screen, the shipping cost will be just

as
much as the item cost itself?

Yes that's certainly an issue, shipping can kill you, cost me $40 once to
have a new 1KW metal halide ballast shipped to me, but then again I got the
ballast for $19 and it retails for around $200.