gandalf

"StevenP" wrote in message
With all of the hurricanes that have come roaring through the southeast I
was wondering if anyone on here has been damaged? I certainly hope not.
Has anyone had their to-do list altered as a result?

I'm glad to read in the posts received so far that none here were injured.
But I cannot help but wonder why Americans who face the extremes of climatic
maelstroms don't simply adjust to suit.

Every year we see pictures of wrecked timber frame houses and scattered
trailer parks, so why have them? America is well capable of superb design
and it's a mystery to me why you rebuild again and again what has already
been wrecked.

A dome shape must surely provide more protection even if you insist on
making it out of wood.