Andrew

Default Huf Haus on last night's Grand Designs

In article , derek
writes
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:46:34 +0000, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:32:49 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
What an amazing house! Since I once lived in Germany (for many years)
and am always ready to support the Germans against a lot of the
criticism from British xenophobia, how good it was to see a crack team
of ordinary German workers demonstrate how super-efficient they are.
As the client said, we should feel ashamed that both the cement lorry
and the crane were incredibly late, typical of our often slapdash
approach to commercial enterprises.

But those brand new Huf vans! I'm pretty sure they were purchased by
Huf especially for the show - and why not?

No they were not. That us how Huf do it.

Also does not surprise me one bit. In Hamburg, at least, everything
looks expensive, new, clean, and cared for. That's the German way.

Just as *Somebody* was eating the fillet steaks during the wartime
food rationing, *Somebody* is driving the rusty old transits.

I see on the autobahns an equitable number of scabby old vehicles.

Being driven by 'asylum seekers' and illegal immigrants (mostly).
Middle-class Germans are all driving Passats

That's the German way.

DG

--
Andrew