Bob

"Spoefish" wrote in message
om...

Pondered on how to get it up onto my dril press table, then realized
that I could work on the floor instead. Put a 2 x 6 under each end of
the bench top (clamped to the top) so it would clear the base of the
drill press (I used a nice old Delta Homecraft benchtop I have, but
could have done the same with my floor mounted drill press - in either
case you will have to take the table off, and lower the head down
close to the floor).

That sounds like a good approach, except I can't figure out how to lower the
head on my Jet Floor model drill press. I don't think its possible on many
drill presses. My benchtop is assembled in pieces so I don't have to get the
whole thing up on the drill press. My plan is to set it on the table with
side supporting stands (Probably my Rockler roller bearing stands). I was
please to hear that someone had used the brad point drill bit. I just bought
one.

Bob