Al Reid

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message om...
"Al Reid" wrote in message ...

I don't think a 1206 is that shabby, Hell, in '76, an 1180, along with decent academic achievement could get you accepted to

CMU,
MIT and others. It is also a dubious argument to equate public speaking with intelligence.

Really? In 1979, an 1180 would get you into an average state school.
It wouldn't get you anywhere near MIT. In '79, you had to be pushing
1400 to be in the 98th percentile, and at that point you had a
fighting chance of getting accepted to MIT.

Of course things could have changed between '76 and '79.

I don't know. Perhaps there was something else they saw in the transcripts that they liked. Although I chose not to attend either,
for financial considerations, I am still honored to have been accepted.

A friend in college that had somewhere about a 1410 on his SAT and finished first in our EE class was what I would call a genius.
Rarely ever missed a single question on an exam. Put in front of a group to talk, was almost incoherent. I had to help him with
his labs because he could almost never get them to work. If you didn't know him, you might think he was not the brightest bulb on
the Christmas tree. You can't judge a book by it's cover seems to apply here.

So, GWB fumbles with words and is not the most articulate president we have ever had. Perhaps he mispronounces certain words. One
should not, however confuse that with a lack of intelligence.