Larry Jaques

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:17:37 GMT, "Dan White"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:52:28 -0500, "Todd Fatheree"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:54:21 GMT, "Dan White"
calmly ranted:

Not such a bad response really.

Puhleeze! You really want to reelect that guy, don't you?
major sigh

Look, Larry. Everybody knows (and knew before the election) that

President
Bush is not a wordsmith. He sometime fumbles his words. Would you like

sweet talker like the last occupant who could talk a person's pants off

(a
skill used quite frequently) while he's lying right to your face?

I'd love
to have someone shove a microphone and camera in your face and ask you

about
the nuances of tribal sovereignty.

I sure wouldn't, but I'd have to answer honestly "I haven't given
it much thought." BUT, if I was dat POTUS guy, I'd have been briefed
weeks or months in advance about possibilities of discussion and
would have made a bit better stab at it, knowwhatImean,Vern?

Frankly, he should take all that stuff and shove it in a drawer somewhere
until it becomes an issue worthy of the POTUS.

The American citizenry is not worthy of Presidential oversight
or acknowledgment? If it weren't worthy of him, why was he there
in the first place?

I'd much rather he spend his
time on the terrorism issue.

WHAT terrorism issue? 2 (external) attacks in TEN YEARS?
Bin Freakin' Laden is laughing his ass off over all of
our useless scurrying around and wasting billions of dollars
over entirely ineffectual "safety" protocols which students
and housewives have proven. In fact, I couldn't take my 2"
pocket knife on board the plane but waltzed right through all
of the security checkpoints with a 9" sharpened pencil sticking
out of my shirt pocket. At one point, the pencil was at eye level
of a guard and less than 18" away from him. He looked at it and
said absolutely nothing. If I were a terrorist, would you rather
I attack you with a 2" knife or a pencil which could scratch
the inside of your skull and stir your brain around? Yeah, we're
sure safer on planes now than we were in early 2001. Are they
checking all the freight going on passenger airlines yet? I know
the bags we bring on are checked thoroughly by harried workers.

I have to admit that the guy with the nuclear suitcase still calls
it "newkyaler". It's a bad indicator, y'reckon?

Typical elitism. I spent years in Houston, and some of the smartest people
I knew sounded like hicks. I knew as soon as he was elected he would get
the good ole' "dumber than a doorstop" thing simply because the liberals on
the coasts aren't familiar with people like that.

I'm no liberal and grew up in Arkansas. Try again. Faubus was the
corrupt Governor back then, before a corrupt Clintoon took office.

--
The State always moves slowly and grudgingly towards any purpose that
accrues to society's advantage, but moves rapidly and with alacrity