Minorite

MikeG said:

It's quite possible what you are experiencing is blush not blooming. A

term I've never heard used to describe a problem with a finish.

to which i replied:

iirc, blooming is caused by excessive stearates in lacquer. it looks like

blush tho.

"George" added:

That'd be fisheye, I presume. Soap is slick, lacquer won't stick.

and MikeG appended:

Lacquer doesn't contain sterates, Sanding sealer does, lacquer over
sanding sealer doesn't discolor and if it did it certainly doesn't just
magically appear somewhere down the road.

and i reply:

i've not heard of fisheye being caused by stearates, but i'm not a lacquer
expert. it seems to me if this were a problem, the stearates in lacquer sealer
would be of concern tho....
and i do know there are 1 or 2 lacquers out there that contain stearates, tho
most vinyl and pre-cat lacquers do not. as it was explained to me, bloom will
occur shortly after lacquer application if the lacquer was manufactured
excessive stearates. it looks like blush, but moisture is not the cause. my
post wasn't to dispute his problem, which is probably blush, but to define
bloom. perhaps my memory is incorrect tho.
bob