Andy Dingley

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:58:34 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Can you recommend any good books on bookbinding?

There's one obvious one - the Thames and Hudson "Guide to
Bookbinding", which is the standard student textbook on it.
Seems to have gone expensive though - maybe it's out of print at the
moment ?

Dover press also have a couple by Aldren Watson that are rudimentary,
but simpler to follow and far cheaper.

Most of what I do is actually repair and restoration, rather than
binding from scratch or even total rebinding. There aren't many books
on this, but the Palimpsest list at Stanford is worth reading (archive
on the web at http://palimpsest.stanford.edu)

Are you doing Japanese-style bookbinding?

No. I know nothing of it, and I don't know anyone who knows anything
about it. I collect woodblock prints, but still can't read Japanese
and don't know much about their books.
--
Smert' spamionam