The Natural Philosopher

Default IMM fodder

IMM wrote:

Nah, my Dad (74 years old) can remember
many better governments than this
shambolic bunch of chronic underachievers.

Name me one? Wison's in the 1960s wasn't too bad.

It was Wilson actually. It was a shamles. He managed to avoid the
inevitable union confrontation, and weaselled his way thorough this and
that. As a result of his taxation regime, anyone with half a brain and
any ambition left the country. Most never came back. The damage to
britains industry was immense, the unions finished the job and Thatcher
adminstered the death blow.

I remember the stock joke of the period (The M1 had just been built)

Two surgeons overheard in Milton Keynes

"Amazing what modern surgery can do, I got a couple of legs and arms,
off the M1, stitched em together and now its a jazz pianist"
"That's nothing mate, Our crew found no more than a piece of ****, and a
bit of a pipe, I sewed em together, and now it's prime minster"