The Natural Philosopher

Default IMM fodder

IMM wrote:

"Clive Summerfield" wrote in message

"PoP" wrote in message
. ..

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:46:53 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

Everyone seems to miss the point - that she lied.

I'm missing the point here. What's the distinguishing feature you are
referring to? All Prime Ministers lie, and Bliar has turned it into a
fine art.

The only distinguishing feature that I can see is that Thatcher lied

during

a campaign to liberate sovereign territory from an invading hostile

country.

On the other hand, Blair lied as part of justification to conduct an
invasion of sovereign territory.

NO. 1 HE DIDN'T LIE!!! He went into Iraq to make the world a safer place.

Debatable.

If the other lot were in power they would have done just the same. They
were all for it before the conflict.

That's not the point. The pint being there wasn't enough of a case to go
to war ON THE BASIS HE CLAIMED, and he knew it, and lied to make it happen.

Its not the war we are discussing, its the sleaziness of Tony Bliar and
his way of making decisions for reasons of his own, and using Campbell
to sell them to the public at large.

WE don't happen to think that is democratic. one of the features of a
democracy is that government is strengthened and safeguarded by
decisions being taken by a consensus of ministers. If they are
deliberately fed false and misleading information by one person and a
coterie of chums, then it makes a mockery of the cabinet and system of
government.

Tony is at heart not a democrat. He is at heart a dictator. That's what
we are seeing.