IMM

Default Huf Haus on last night's Grand Designs

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:36:09 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Mike
Mitchell wrote:
What an amazing house!

But if the programme had been realistic they would signed the
contract for the new house and then the day before the demolition
crew moved in their existing house would have been listed g.

The good thing about Huf is that the price is fixed, so you pretty well

know
where you stand financially. Huf make house a lot cheaper than £450,000.
You can lay the slab yourself, omit the plumbing and wiring and others

bits
and do them yourself saving a ton of money.

Hey, that IS interesting! I wonder how cheaply a Huf Haus could be
built for. I was not particularly enamoured with the overall 'look' of
the house, but more with the utmost attention to detail and quality. I
would be satisfied if a number of British builders had been watching
and would come away from the programme with a burning urge to do
better with their own products. I believe we tolerate far too much
skimping and cheap and tatty workmanship than is either fair to us or
good for posterity and the repuation of the country.

MM

SEE:
http://www.futureenergies.com/article.php?sid=75