kevinspiller kevinspiller is offline
Junior Member

Default How do you build a soakaway?

My back garden is split between a paved area running from the house which then meets a lawned area which is surrounded by brickwork. The paved area runs down to the lawn, although it is not a steep gradient. Where the paved areas comes up against the brick work surrounding the lawn, rain waste collects and doesn't drain away. I have heard that a "soakaway" might help. If this is true, how deep should I make it, what should I fill it with, should I replace the paving afterwards or leave it open with the fill I put into it. the width of the paved area is approx 20 feet.

Regards,

Kevin