Chris Perdue

nicksanspam

That's your wintertime meltdown calc, 73 vs 150 F. You are welcome.

In summertime, we might see (90+45xR2-90)/(R1+R2) = 30 Btu/h-ft^2 of
heatflow with a temperature near the screen of 90+30xR1 = 120 F, if
the storm windows stay closed.

i'm welcome? either you need to reword or clarify because it makes no
sense....all this talk of "at the screen"....the screen is on the *OUTSIDE* of
the airspace between the window and storm window...this is not even relevant to
the heat buildup INSIDE the airspace....where temps DO get hot enough to warp
vinyl...been doing this too long to let someone with a fancy math formula to
overrule actual damage done by direct sunlight heating the airgap BETWEEN the
two windows....who gives a rats ass about how much heat is transfered OUT the
storm when we are trying to stop damage to the window?

"you are welcome"
Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail