Rick Cook

Look folks, much as I hate to destroy your faith in the innate wisdom of
politicians the hard fact is that they ALL stumble when hit with a question
they weren't expecting.

I say this with some confidence since I spent about two decades observing
the breed close up and personal at every level from President of the US to
city council and school board members.

When it comes to stumbling, politicians fall into two categories. First the
ones like Bush who simply, obviously, stumble. The second kind stumble more
glibly, usually by giving a non-responsive and irrelevant answer. Neither
kind is inherently intellectually superior to the other, although for my
money the Bush variety comes across as more honest. I learned long before
Bill Clinton came on the scene that "Slick Willy" style answers often
indicate someone who is by nature untrustworthy.

--RC

Leon wrote:

"Florida Patriot" wrote in message
om...
Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.

It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
"How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"

http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00...overeignty.mov

At least he did not have problems with dangling chads like some Florida
people did. Plus, he was by far the better choice.