Grendel

It's been around a monrth or two. It took 2 weeks to bow. My father
suggested a hari dryer and that semeed to lower it some. Anything else to
"shrink" the wood? I assume I need to paste the planks back on? Since only
the middle planks have come up does it mean the others are ok and haven't
expanded?
"default" wrote in message

In the middle of a small hallway near the utility room the middle 6

planks
or so have bowed up. So the floor has a big hill in the middle. This
happened over a 2 week period of time after the washer water line got a

hole
a shot out water. Anyway it's a tongue and groove floor so you can pull

out
the planks. They were help down by paste or something and not nails

since
it's concrete underneath. So what should I do? I've heard try to shave

one
of the planks to make it fit together. IT this something I should try?

Or is
this best left to a total floot replacement even though we're only

talking
about a 2' by 10' area at6 the most that has come up at least a little.

The
area near the utility room is worst.

Run a dehumidifier in there for a week or so, and see if the planking
drops down again as it dries out. Drop some weights on it.