derek

Default Huf Haus on last night's Grand Designs

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:35:05 +0000, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:26:45 +0000, derek
wrote:

Just as *Somebody* was eating the fillet steaks during the wartime
food rationing, *Somebody* is driving the rusty old transits.

I see on the autobahns an equitable number of scabby old vehicles.

That's the German way.

I don't see the point of this rather snide comment.

This, I don't understand. My point is they must have their share of
bad old vehicles.

Are you just being a wind-up merchant?

It wouldn't change the validity of my point if I was would it?

I've worked in .de intermittently since since 1979 BTW.

I've travelled in .de on holiday by car for the last 17 years,

My point is "The German Way" is "The same way as everywhere else"
nowadays. You try getting an exhaust fixed in Cassel with a RHD car.
It's not a magical experince of smoke and mirrors, it's more a case of
taxis and jubilee clips.

DG