Peter T. Keillor III

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:31:17 -0500, (Jedd Haas) wrote:

In article , "Garrett Fulton"
wrote:

"ATP" wrote in message
et...

"gfulton" wrote in message

"axolotl" wrote in message
Marty Escarcega wrote:
Looks like Dave is off working a full time job and left the

machinery
business.

Dave has gone back to sea as a ship's engineer. OIF/OEF has caused a
revival in the US merchant fleet. With the benefits of a (unionized)
ship's crew I cannot see it as a difficult career choice

(financially).
Dave is one of the good ones, and I hope he dabbles in the business
between trips.

Kevin Gallimore

What does OIF/OEF stand for?

Garrett Fulton

I think OEF is referring to Operation Enduring Freedom, the Afghanistan
operation.

Thanks. Also thanks for not adding your "spin".

Garrett

The name itself is "spin" - it's jingoistic propaganda of the worst sort.

I'll miss dealing with Dave Ficken. He is a gentleman, and I'd enjoy
dealing with him again someday.

Now I'm setting the "Ignore Thread" flag. Seems the political spew is
going to contaminate every thread sooner or later. It certainly
doesn't belong on this one.

Pete Keillor