Harry K

"Wayner" wrote in message news:X6F5d.158262$XP3.58611@edtnps84...
Thanks, Wayne. A crane would be nice, but ..nyet. You might have determined
from my original post that I would like to accomplish this on the relative
cheap. It will be afterall, only a shed and I have spent way too much on it
in both building materials and time already. Me thinks the cost of building
a new roof would be cheaper than hiring a crane. And building another roof
ain't gonna happen as that would probably tip the scales of cost/rewards.

Here's some more background: this whole exercise started when I wanted to
remove an unsightly carport and nobody needed one. I had the "bright idea"
to move it and frame it out into a shed or ?? So now it sits waiting for my
decision.
What I need is a nifty diy plan with supplies at hand.

Wayner

Being a guy who has done all kind of things 'on the cheap' some that
worked, some that didn't, I don't think you will be able to accomplish
the mission. It is going to cost you money. You will have to rent
(or scrounge - not likely) the proper jacks, rent the scaffolding as
mentioned above, or at least scrounge a -lot- of dunnage.

As for building the walls with the roof above them: The procedure is
to raise the roof high enough to enable erecting the walls below them
then lowering the roof into place. It is possible to build the wall
into the roof while it is blocked up but it is a frustrating job,
basically you have to have your stringers supporting the roof
parrallel to, and a short distance away, from the wall you are
building.

Harry K