Bill Rogers

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:27:33 -0400, "f/256"
wrote:

"ississauga" wrote in message
. com...

Say I want to join a 3/4" high hardwood floor to a 1/4" high floor of
some other material. I would make a strip from oak thats 3/4" on one
side and 1/4" on the other. What tools would make this, I would like
various opinions. Also what is the angle the ramp should have? From
knowing the angle I could determine the width of the transition strip.

The angle would be a function of the ramp's height and width.

Agreed on calculation of course. It depends on knowing the width to
begin with.

Re cutting: Radial arm saw, angled for horizontal cutting, as if
cutting door panels. Or use a table saw if you can set that up safely
for the same purpose. Cut from a larger piece of wood, then
straight-cut off the beveled part for use.

Bill.