George

Made mine on a shaper. Router'd do for small runs. Low side has taper with
rounded lead, high merely rounded. Taper courtesy of a panel-raising
cutter. High side has the 1/2" rabbet, and the whole nailed to a 1/4"
dividing strip.

Changed three bucks worth of oak into over a hundred worth of transition
strips in about an hour and a half.

"ississauga" wrote in message
om...
I have started installing 3/4 inch hardwood on a large scale for
customers, I can't get the exact transition strips from the flooring
suppliers. I thought of making my own since I have a workshop, though
not much knowledge since I am quite new to woodworking.

Say I want to join a 3/4" high hardwood floor to a 1/4" high floor of
some other material. I would make a strip from oak thats 3/4" on one
side and 1/4" on the other. What tools would make this, I would like
various opinions. Also what is the angle the ramp should have? From
knowing the angle I could determine the width of the transition strip.