ississauga

Default How to make transition strips to join two floors together?

I have started installing 3/4 inch hardwood on a large scale for
customers, I can't get the exact transition strips from the flooring
suppliers. I thought of making my own since I have a workshop, though
not much knowledge since I am quite new to woodworking.

Say I want to join a 3/4" high hardwood floor to a 1/4" high floor of
some other material. I would make a strip from oak thats 3/4" on one
side and 1/4" on the other. What tools would make this, I would like
various opinions. Also what is the angle the ramp should have? From
knowing the angle I could determine the width of the transition strip.