Wayner

Default Jacking Up a Small Roof?

Hi. Last summer, a friend and I lowered our 16' x 9'carport roof
(supported on 4 - 4x4 posts) and moved it around to my backyard where it
now sits on a couple of beams supported 4 feet in the air by (outrigged) oil
drums. The move was relatively easy as it was gradually lowered onto an old
truck chassis and then towed around back by a farm tractor.
My guess is that the whole roof probably weighs about 1500 pounds.

I now want to build a support structure (joists, floor, walls) directly
under it
and somehow lift the roof up (joists, rafters, and roof deck including
cedar shakes) onto the new walls, sort of a reverse build if you will.

Anyone done this before?
What is a good safe and simple approach for lifting the roof with a new
floor
and wall structure under it?

It will need to go up another 6 feet in order to clear the top wall plates.
The use of any heavy equipment such as cranes, backhoes or
forklifts is ruled out as the access is limited and just not in the budget.

If needed I can email some pix of the project.

Thanks, Wayne