Dave

Ask your building inspector. Those guys are quite particular that the
deed is done according to current code. A few years ago my building
inspector didn't like the fact that I had vapor barrier on both sides of the
wall above grade, and I had to cut the outer layer to allow it to 'breathe'
above grade. Below grade he said it was ok.

Dave

"mark" wrote in message
I'm putting up some walls and a subfloor in our basement. I've read in
some
places to put a vapor barrier right against the bare concrete walls, then
stud it, then insulate and put up another barrier. Some other books say to
omit the one against the concrete. I'm thinking I just paint it with a
good
basement paint. There's no water coming in, just an overall dampness. I
assume the same goes for the floor? Just paint it, or plastic then stud
and
insulate, then plywood over that?