Art

How about 2 drains and no hump.

"Walsh" wrote in message
My house is a ranch with a garage (under) and driveway with very little
pitch to the street. Worse yet, there's a 2-3" "lip" where the driveway
meets the street - resulting in very large puddles which cover about 1/2

of
the driveway (at the street end) whenever we get heavy rain.

The driveway needs to be repaved, but I want to make sure that the water
problem gets addressed. I can't pitch it sufficiently from the garage to
street because of limited clearance at the garage end.

I've had 2 paving contractors and one DPW engineer from the town look the
problem - all 3 suggest putting in a trench drain to a dry well. The 2
paving guys would put it near the street, but the DPW engineer suggested
putting it at the garage end. He suggested creating a "hump" about 1/3 of
the way from the street to create enough pitch to the street - the pitch
back to the house would be caught by the trench drain. His thought was

that
this was better than putting the drain right where the puddle forms as

this
would also catch run-off from the street and likely not drain well enough.
Seems to make sense - my only concern is allowing water to drain towards

the
garage.

Any thoughts and/or experience with trench drains??

Thanks in advance.