ClaudCar

actually the idea of an electric fence is a great idea and SO much easier
than other solutions.
www.radiofence.com
--
______________________
Claudia
"LARRY THE CABLE GUY" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:09:14 GMT, "Sunflower"
wrote:

"Daniel L. Belton" wrote in message
.. .
I have moved into a house that has the backyard fenced with a 4 foot
chain link fence.

I wish to find a cost effecient method of raising the height to 6 feet
to keep my dogs in.

I wish to hear any and all suggestions as to how this can be done
without tearing out the whole fence and replacing it with a new one.

Thanks...

An electric wire run around the bottom of the fence will keep the dogs in
just fine. It's what our Humane Society routinely recommends to adoptors

of
escape artist dogs. It's no more "dangerous" to dogs or people than is
touching your tongue to a battery. You can purchase everything you need

at
the agricultural co-op for about $50.

I dont think a hot wire around the bottom will keep the dogs from
taking a running flying leap over a 4 ft. fence. But, they do work
great for diggers. All I can think of his if you can find post that
fit inside the fence post or some how weld extensionsting post and
just buy more 4 ft. chainlink and double up.