JMartin

"Don" wrote in message
om...
I have a 1700 square foot house on a crawl space foundation with the
bedrooms on one end of the house and a living room/dining room/kitchen
on the other. I have propane water and heat.

To make a long story short the living room/dining room/kitchen area
stays colder than the rest of the house. I have had the system looked
at and it is working fine.

I have a fire place "insert" with chimney. The house is about 6 years
old. Wanted to put in a gas log but my gas bill is crazy. I have to
get my tank filled up 3 or 4 times a year.

snip

Gas logs are designed for aethestic purposes only. They are not designed
for heating and are very inefficient at doing so.

When they are installed, it is a common practice to put a stop in the
chimney damper, thus making it impossible to close the flue up. This is to
prevent CO problems, but you then have a constant drain of heat from your
house...straight up the chimney.

Jena