CAStinneford

I bought one of the top models for our new home because we were told that
Bosch is the best. If we had it to do over again we would have bought one
of the top line models of the Kenmore brand like we had in our other home.
The last one we had was very quiet and we never had a problem with it and it
never stunk.
Our new Bosch dishwasher has a stainless steel interior. This dishwasher is
the stinkyness machine I have ever seen. Everytime you open the door the
smell coming out of it grosses us out. It stinks even when we use the "rinse
and hold" function. We do this because there is not enough dishes for a
load, and YES we do scrape and rinse our plates off before putting them in
the dishwasher. We called Bosch and they said to pour vinegar in the unit,
and that was not a permanent fix for it either. I noticed that there is
always a small puddle of water in the bottom of the machine.
Do any of you have this stink problem with your Bosch's too, and if so how
did you cure it?
Thanks for your help.

Does it smell like really ripe cheese? I have a Bosch, about three years old
now, and we had that smell all the time in the beginning. It's gone now and I
don't remember how long it lasted. I don't see a puddle at the bottom of the
machine so that could be a separate problem.