Peter Wells

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply, I did as you said and
transported it with the suction line on the high side. It is now upright in
the garage waiting to be cleaned and I'll turn it on tomorrow.

BTW I tried Amana's customer service who did little more than tell me what's
in the manual (which I'd already read and knew didn't address transport),
they were far more focused on getting my personal details for their database
than answering my question.

Peter
"Peter Wells" wrote in message
Is there anything special to be aware of when moving a freezer? It is

empty
and defrosted. I think I once heard fridges and freezers need to be
transported vertical, i.e. they shouldn't be laid on their side - can
someone confirm if this is true or not?

The freezer in question is an upright Amana, model afu2004aw.

Thanks in advance,

Peter