willshak

Colbyt wrote:

" It is an old awning window hinge, not sure that is the market-place
name.

Common in construction in the 1920's.

Interesting. I'm quite sure the house is less than 40 years old.

Not sure you are going to find it.

Do you need to replace or did you have another use for some of them?

We need to replace. When we moved in, the window was nailed shut. One
half of one hinge is missing, which mean the window can't open, without
falling to the floor. Part of the problem is space around the window is
limited.
--
Dan Langille
The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/

Just in case you had not figure this out, you can use a standard butt hinge
on each side of the window at the top. Based on your picture you will have
to carve a section of the crown molding above the window. A screen door
hook attached to the window and the receiver eyebolt attached to a joist
above will hold it open when you need it to be so.

I am amazed at the fact your house is only 40 years old and had these
hinges.

Colbyt

I have those hinges on my 5 Anderson basement windows and my house was
built 20 years ago. The hinges and latch plate are both on the top and
bottom of the casing and allow the window to be taken out and flipped to
either swing open from the top (awning) or bottom (hopper) without using
any tools. Anderson still sells them with these hinges.
http://www.andersenwindows.com/UEBinary/0299901.pdf
..