Clive Summerfield

Default IMM fodder

"IMM" wrote in message

"Clive Summerfield" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"Clive Summerfield" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"Clive Summerfield" wrote in message

"PoP" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:46:53 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

Everyone seems to miss the point - that she lied.

I'm missing the point here. What's the distinguishing feature

you
are
referring to? All Prime Ministers lie, and Bliar has turned it

into
fine art.

The only distinguishing feature that I can see is that Thatcher

lied
during
a campaign to liberate sovereign territory from an invading

hostile
country.
On the other hand, Blair lied as part of justification to

conduct
an
invasion of sovereign territory.

NO. 1 HE DIDN'T LIE!!! He went into Iraq to make the world a

safer
place.
If the other lot were in power they would have done just the same.

They
were all for it before the conflict.

You poor delusional soul.

Don't make things up.

snip garbage

Ah the masterful IMM debating technique rears its ugly head once more.

If
you're not going to challenge in a reasonable manner the points raised,

They were not reasonable points, they were garbage.

So obviously you believe invading Iraq to be a positive step to peace? Fine,
we're all entitled to our opinions. However, I think you'll find the best
way to peace is not to bomb the living daylights out of percieved "enemies".
Furthermore, if invading Iraq was a positive step, how about N. Korea, Iran
et al?

You believe that the WMD motive was the sole motive? That the "regime
change" approach did not come first?

And how about this....

"If I am honest about it, there is another reason why I feel so strongly
about this issue. It is a reason less to do with my being Prime Minister
than being a member of the Labour Party, to do with the progressive politics
in which we believe. The moral case against war has a moral answer: it is
the moral case for removing Saddam."
- Tony Blair 15th Feb 2003

Cheers
Clive