Dave

So, Dave, is it migration of lubricant oil that is the problem? Does
lubricant oil migrate into the compressor cylinder and then crack the
cylinder because it is not as compressible as gas? Or is it the coolant that
is the problem?

Dave
"Dave Harnish" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Upright is best, but if you watch which side you lay it on,
horizontal's OK too. Here's a short article I wrote on the
subject a while back:
www.DavesRepair.com/DIYhelp/DIYhorizrefmoves.htm

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair
technician! Get your monthly email newsletter he
(Back issues now posted too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

Acts 4:12

"Peter Wells" wrote in message
Is there anything special to be aware of when moving a freezer? It is

empty
and defrosted. I think I once heard fridges and freezers need to be
transported vertical, i.e. they shouldn't be laid on their side - can
someone confirm if this is true or not?

The freezer in question is an upright Amana, model afu2004aw.

Thanks in advance,

Peter