chris French

Default Earth bonding queries

In message , Dave Plowman
writes
In article ,
Andy Wade wrote:
The clamps really need to be visible.

Huh? Where does it say that in BS 7671 or the OSG? They do need to be
accessible of course, if you're using the usual BS 951 clamps.

Most I've seen seem to be fitted to the pipes rather than the taps
themselves. If you've got soldered joints, it seems to me they could go
anywhere reasonably close to the taps, since any high resistance is likely
to be between the pipe and tap, given the fibre washer employed and
usually some jointing compound.

I'm interested in this as I'm about to re-decorate the bathroom which has
no bonding at all, but I really don't want exposed clamps and cables to
the toilet cistern and bidet which have exposed pipes albeit at the back.
Also, how do you bond a cast iron bath which I don't think has any
provision for this? It's fully enclosed, so looks aren't a problem.

All my pipework is copper with solder joints where possible.

Replace the pipe work with plastic and forget the bonding?... :-)
--
Chris French, Leeds