Phisherman

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:48:31 GMT, JB wrote:

I've been trapping oput the chipmunks that have nesting next to the
foundation to my house. My wife can't stand me killing them so I have a
have-a-heart trap and release them in the woods after the catch. My
neighbor said that the chipmunk has an uncanny sense about finding their
way back to their original home. I don't know if I believe that but
would like to know if there is a satisfactory distance to go out that
would eliminate any possibility of them finding theie way back 'home'.

I have not had luck with trapping them, although this might work for
you. I probably would use rodent poison (without allowing the wife
to notice) in addition to the trapping. Chipmunks can be very
destructive. We have large black snakes that usually take care of the
rodent issues, no poisons nor trapping needed. Maybe an outdoor cat
will help.