IMM

Default IMM fodder

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message
It was a none issue made to be a major issue by a taboid media,

and
the BBC
has become tabloid to compete for viewers. The WMD? Kelly said,

they
could
get them up and running in days. Days is a very "short time".

They
also
had WMD and USED them.

Days is not 45 minutes, though, is it?

Not much between when talking about such weapons.
If Iraq wanted to WMD in a few days and we did
not have forces available to stop it - stopping
them within days is virtually impossible - then
they get used and we watch. If it is many weeks,
then if the west thinks they are about to uses them, a
force cam be assembled and sent around. Even
then it would be close run to stop
them. You have to get it all into perspective.

Days is not 45 minutes, though, is it?

Just read what I read again and get the big picture. Get this tabloid mush
that is bouncing around your head and stand back and look at the situation.

January 30, 2004

WASHINGTON -- Before the great hunt for scapegoats begins, let's look at
what David Kay has actually said about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

First, and most trumpeted, he did not find ``large stockpiles of newly
produced weapons of mass destruction.'' He did find, as he reported last
October, WMD-related activities, from a very active illegal missile program
to research and development (``right up until the end'') on weaponizing the
deadly poison ricin (the stuff found by London police on terrorists last
year). He discovered ``hundreds of cases'' of U.N.-prohibited and illegally
concealed activities.