Clive Summerfield

Default IMM fodder

"IMM" wrote in message

"Clive Summerfield" wrote in message

"PoP" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:46:53 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

Everyone seems to miss the point - that she lied.

I'm missing the point here. What's the distinguishing feature you are
referring to? All Prime Ministers lie, and Bliar has turned it into a
fine art.

The only distinguishing feature that I can see is that Thatcher lied

during
a campaign to liberate sovereign territory from an invading hostile

country.
On the other hand, Blair lied as part of justification to conduct an
invasion of sovereign territory.

NO. 1 HE DIDN'T LIE!!! He went into Iraq to make the world a safer place.
If the other lot were in power they would have done just the same. They
were all for it before the conflict.

You poor delusional soul. He went in to Iraq because he believed it was his
moral duty to free the Iraqis from their oppressive leadership. Storming
into an unstable region all guns blazing is not a coherent policy towards
peace. You are aware of the origins of Al Qaeda aren't you? Quite possibly
Blair also joined with the US in a gesture of solidarity, attempting to gain
favour with George W. Bush's administration. However, if that was a
motivating factor, then I'm quite sure that TB managed to convince himself
that it wasn't. The lie was to place undue emphasis on Saddam's WMD in an
effort to swing the Labour Party behind him.

And as for IDS, well I wouldn't trust him to sit the right way on a lavatory
seat.

Cheers
Clive