Minnie Bannister

On 09/17/04 06:52 pm put fingers to keyboard and
launched the following message into cyberspace:

It's only a guess (an intelligent one, I hope; I wouldn't call myself a
chemist, although I've studied a fair bit of chemistry in my time and
have worked in laboratories), but I would say that by the time the acid
is done with the garage floor it's no longer going to be acidic -- but
that's no guarantee that the products of the chemical reaction won't
harm the wildlife.

By far the safest would be to get the stuff out of that local watering
hole as soon as possible.

won't the final product be salt?

I *think* cement is more calcium compound than sodium compound, but who
knows what other stuff is in there as well? So the resulting "soup" of
chlorides could well include some nasty ones.

MB