Clive Summerfield

Default IMM fodder

"IMM" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Dave Plowman
writes
In article ,
BillR wrote:
True. Think it really started with the Thatcher woman lying through
her teeth about the sinking of the Belgrano.

I hated Thatcher but that sinking was correct.. alls fair in war.
Why would she have to explain it? we were at war, it was a warship so

we
sank it... whats the problem?

Everyone seems to miss the point - that she lied.

And history seems to be repeating itself

There was no inquiry to Thatcher's lies. Blair commissioned an inquiry,

he
did not have too, and was proven above board.

Blair commissioned an inquiry on a very narrow remit, that did not address
the fundamental issues, but was instead intended to divert attention away
from the more critical subjects. Very successfully I may add.

The other lot are poor losers. This government is the best we have had in
living memory. The opposition have to grasp on straws to try and

discredit
them. It is laughable to watch them.

Nah, my Dad (74 years old) can remember many better governments than this
shambolic bunch of chronic underachievers. The most damning thing about this
government is that in spite of all the good will from the country; in spite
of the favourable economic climate; in spite of an overwhelming
parliamentary majority, they have failed abysmally to deliver on any of the
major policy areas.

Democratic reform - Jenkins report shoved on the shelf, reform of the Lords
badly botched
Transport policy - no discernable policy
Welfare - no reform, still a spiraling burden on the state
Health - total number of admin and managerial staff up, number of beds down
Education - speaking as a school governor I can state with confidence that
staff spend more time on out of the classroom on admin and DfES number
crunching than they did 8 years ago. And our standards are maintained in
spite of the LEA.
Crime - well, more people are being criminalised than ever before.
Unfortunately most of them are motorists who have no alternative to driving
(see Transport policy above). Locally we have few policeman than 8 years
ago. And they spend more time on admin and paperwork than before.
Taxation - up, massively.
Business - good for business if you happen to be a large multinational with
an unhealthy focus on off-shore outsourcing
etc
etc
etc

I damn this government for doing so little, and doing it so badly.

Now on with life as a silly sideshow closes down.

Unless of course you're a member of the armed forces fighting in Iraq. In
which case I guess "Now on with death..." would be more appropriate.

Cheers
Clive