Peder

Peder wrote in :

Greetings. I know a torch would be best for this job, but the problem
joint is a sillcock very badly positioned for a torch. Is is very
close to the floor joist and the floor above (about 1" max for both)
and recessed far from the inside wall which is a full 2x4 stud wall
inside a concrete foundation. I would almost have to hold the torch
by the very bottom of the bottle to reach it. I worry even about
turning this over to a pro, but winter's coming and now the sillcock
is just capped off at the spigot. What are my options here? Thanks
for reading.

Thanks for everyone's quick and informative responses. I think pro is the
way to go and they would probably have the soldering blanket suggested (and
some insurance), too. Sometimes I guess you just gotta pay. Thanks again.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)