Curmudgeon

You obviously didn't look hard enough Mr. been there done that.
Both orange and blue stores carry the flame retardant cloths in their
plumbing depts.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , Peder wrote:
Greetings. I know a torch would be best for this job, but the problem
joint is a sillcock very badly positioned for a torch. Is is very close

the floor joist and the floor above (about 1" max for both) and recessed
far from the inside wall which is a full 2x4 stud wall inside a concrete
foundation. I would almost have to hold the torch by the very bottom of
the bottle to reach it. I worry even about turning this over to a pro,

but
winter's coming and now the sillcock is just capped off at the spigot.
What are my options here? Thanks for reading.

You can't possibly supply enough heat with an electric soldering gun.

Options would seem to be:

a) Buy a soldering blanket to protect the wood framing from the torch

flame.
Any plumbing supply store would have them. Don't bother looking at home
centers like Lowe's or Home Depot. They don't have them. (Been there, done
that, just last month.)

b) Hire a pro.