Speedy Jim

Peder wrote:

Greetings. I know a torch would be best for this job, but the
problem joint is a sillcock very badly positioned for a torch. Is is
very close to the floor joist and the floor above (about 1" max for
both) and recessed far from the inside wall which is a full 2x4 stud
wall inside a concrete foundation. I would almost have to hold the
torch by the very bottom of the bottle to reach it. I worry even
about turning this over to a pro, but winter's coming and now the
sillcock is just capped off at the spigot. What are my options here?
Thanks for reading.

No you won't get it hot enuf with a gun.
There are highly specialized elec heating tools
for this, but let's not go there...

I don't have a clear picture of the space, but creating
a heat barrier is one option. Bend up old sheet metal
to fit over the joint/pipe so it blocks the flame from
the wood. Take a spray bottle and wet down all nearby wood;
that's very effective.

If possible in the situation, cut the pipe back further,
then remove the sill cock and solder an extension on it.
Dunno if that's clear, but I'm suggesting move the place
where actual soldering has to be done to a more accessible
spot.

Maybe the epoxies intended for copper fitting joining
would work in your case without any soldering. HD has it.

Jim