luggsie

"mike. buckley" wrote in message . uk...
In message , Al Reynolds
writes
Morning,

I want to put my PC in a cupboard to reduce the sound
impact of the fans.

First off - what temps is the PC running now? You're probably pretty
safe with a CPU temp up to 50 degrees c, so stick it in the cupboard for
a bit and see how it goes. Not ideal but might save you some work. I
know people who have multiple servers/switches/routers inside an airing
cupboard and don't have any problems with overheating....

A 2 GHz Pentium probably uses 100w power absolute max excluding
monitor. Put a 100 w lamp in the cupboard for a day and check the
temp rise. If its less than 10 deg C there is unlikely to be a
problem in the UK as the ambient temp never gets too high.

john